Saturday 31 August 2013

A-Z Book Survey



I've seen this going around, and thought I'd join in the A to Z Survey from Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner

Author you’ve read the most books from:

 

Best Sequel Ever:

I loved Anna Dressed in Blood, and Girl of Nightmares just summed things up nicely, and gave you closure, even if it wasn't how you wanted it to end.

Currently Reading:

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Water? I mainly drink water, I mean, something's got to dilute the coffee milkshake.

E-reader or Physical Book?

I love physical books, always have, always will so I keep them for when I'm home and use my Kindle when out.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Uhm, this is awkward. Okay, so either Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars because, really, there's no need for an explanation. Or Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy, I guess I like older guys?

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I tend to stay away from those type of books, but I just had to read it and so glad I did, because you just instantly get it, and it's become my favourite.

Hidden Gem Book:

 

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

There's two for me, the first being Speak by , which kick started my reading spark. Of Mice and Men by for teaching me that after reading it 13 times for my English Lit GCSE, you'll still think it's boring but you'll kind of love it.

Just Finished:

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I hate being out of my comfort zone, I'm a little scared of contemporary, but I don't rule it out, as I have read some, but I will never read Erotica. Nope, sorry. No.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Anna Karenina by   838 pages

Major book hangover because of:

Oh, I really can't pick just one.
So, Every Vampire Academy book starting at the end of Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice
And finally...
Heart-Shaped Bruise by because it damn near broke me.
 

Number of Bookcases You Own:

2, one tall with 7 shelves and the other wide and short with 4 shelves.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

 Vampire Academy series,  Of Mice and Men and Blood Brothers  by technically, this is a play, but you know

Preferred Place To Read:

Upstairs on my bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"I don't know if that's ever happened to you, if you've loved someone, loved who they are, then found out they're not that person after all.  It doesn't just break your heart, does it?  It breaks you.  Then you're not who you thought you were, either."
 

Reading Regret:

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Evernight series by

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Okay, I'm going to be fair and not say the Vampire Academy series, since it's six. Or Harry Potter, because it wouldn't be fair to me or them because I couldn't just choose one.
So...

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

All Our Yesterdays by  I managed to get my hands on it early via Netgalley, and I found out in a fun way too, I hadn't checked my emails that day because I was busy and wanted to check Netgalley quickly and I requested something, and it went back to my dashboard and there it was. I couldn't wipe the stupid smile of my face for ages.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by  I need it, now. I'll fight you for it.

 Worst Bookish Habit:

Uhm, does always leaving them places count? Like, I'll leave them on the floor.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Your latest book purchase:

 

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Well, I'm an insomniac, so...
Okay, the last one that wasn't because I couldn't sleep was Last Sacrifice by