Wednesday 25 June 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#50)

 "Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.





 





 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fans of Ally Carter, especially her Heist Society readers, will love this teen mystery/thriller with sarcastic wit, a hint of romance, and Ocean’s Eleven–inspired action.

Julep Dupree tells lies. A lot of them. She’s a con artist, a master of disguise, and a sophomore at Chicago’s swanky St. Agatha High, where her father, an old-school grifter with a weakness for the ponies, sends her to so she can learn to mingle with the upper crust. For extra spending money Julep doesn’t rely on her dad—she runs petty scams for her classmates while dodging the dean of students and maintaining an A+ (okay, A-) average.

But when she comes home one day to a ransacked apartment and her father gone, Julep’s carefully laid plans for an expenses-paid golden ticket to Yale start to unravel. Even with help from St. Agatha’s resident Prince Charming, Tyler Richland, and her loyal hacker sidekick, Sam, Julep struggles to trace her dad’s trail of clues through a maze of creepy stalkers, hit attempts, family secrets, and worse, the threat of foster care. With everything she has at stake, Julep’s in way over her head . . . but that’s not going to stop her from using every trick in the book to find her dad before his mark finds her. Because that would be criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So I don't know about the Heist Society series, but I love the Gallagher Girls series. It's also getting some Veronica Mars comparisons, so YES.

 
 

What're you waiting on?
 

30 comments:

  1. This one sounds great, thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so interesting! I love how well the cover fits the synopsis. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen this one before.. anyways, will check it out again.

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't heard of this one yet but sounds good, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to this one too, it sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I've heard of this one. Could be interesting, sounds good at least.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds great! I love reading about lies, deception and unreliable characters. I have to check it out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodreads had recommended that I read this book, but I never looked into it until right now on your blog. I have to say it looks very good. I will be adding it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    - Elizabeth @ Book YAbber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard about it but sounds like a really good book, great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Heist Society is amazing but it is nothing near as good as Gallagher Girls. And OMG I need this, I had no idea it was like them at all. Thank you so much for picking this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of this one before but it sounds intresting. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like these kinds of books should interest me but for some reason they just don't grab my attention. It does sound interesting though so I hope you enjoy it :)
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh I can't wait to read this! It sound so intriguing, *fingers crossed* it's amazing. Hope you love it =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this on my TBR! It sounds very intriguing!! Great pick. :)

    Thank you for stopping by WinterHaven Books. XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't care about all the comparisons, but grifters & con artists, I'm in :) Thank you so much for sharing, I'll add it on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the title and cover of this one.

    Great Pick!

    Here's my WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds really good and I love the cover. I never watch Veronica Mars **hides** but I know many that have so I will def. have to add this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! I actually have an arc of this one and I can't wait to read it. It sounds so amazing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds good, I'm up for this. And if it's compared to Veronica Mars, then hell yeah. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hadn't heard of this one yet. Julep sounds like a real piece of work ;) Hope you enjoy it!!
    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one sounds like a book for me. Thanks for sharing. Ashna @ Wanted Readers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmm, I've never heard of this one, Kirsty. Hope you love it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds interesting so thank you! :)

    Jess @ The Little Book Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  25. This book sounds like it could be an interesting read. nice pick

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh! A con artist story! I totally love the blurb and title! Fantastic pick, Kirsty! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds so good!

    Thanks for stopping by Part of that World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This one sounds intriguing, not fan of the cover though.. Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This sounds awesome! Adding to TBR =)

    ReplyDelete